Divina Villa Riserva – Gamay
- GRAPE VARIETIES: 100% Trasimeno Gamay.
- VINEYARD: owned by associated producers located on the hills of Castiglione del Lago, Paciano and Panicale. Planting Distance: traditional (3,00 x 1,50), new plantings (2,20x 0,90). Planting system: low runners. Average oge of vines: 10-30 years.
- SOIL: sedimentary formation. Soil texture from sandy-clayey to sandy, with occasional outcrops of clay. Elevation: 300-350 m. a.s.l.
- HARVEST PERIOD: starts October 15; the grapes are harvested slightly overripe to facilitate the solubilization of the executive substances.
- YIELD: Grapes: 4000/4500 kg/ha.Wine 25/30 hl/ha.
- VINIFICATION: Pressing: the grapes are stripped of the stem, pressed and fermented. The must remains in contact with the skins appoximately for 20 days. After being separated from the skins it is kept in vats in temperature.controlled environments for malolatic fermentation. Alcholic fermentation: at a temperature not higher than 30°C in order to maintain unaltered the typical characteristic of the vine.
- AGING: 12 month in French oak barriques kept in the historic cellars of the 16th-century Duca della Corgna palace in Città della Pieve.
- BOTTLING: starting in February two years after the harvest.
- MATURING: 7 month in the bottle.
- AVERAGE ANNUAL PRODUCTION: 20-30,000 bottles.
- CHARACTERISTICS: Color: dark, intense ruby red, limpid. Bouquet: delicate and complex, with rich notes of wild berries, forest fruits and subtle vegetal tones. Flavor: dry and elegant, with the notes of cherry, strawberry, plum and delicate spices.
- PRODUCER’S SUGGESTIONS: Goes with: ideal with grilled red meats and roaster game. Serve: a temperature of 18° C in glasses for aged red wine.
Grenaches du Monde