Poggio La Macchia – Grechetto DOC
- GRAPE VARIETY:100% Grechetto dell’Umbria.
- VINEYARD: Single vineyard located in the municipality of Castiglione del Lago. Planting distances: traditional (3×1). Training system: Guyot. Average age of the vines: advanced.
- PRODUCTION PER HECTARE: Grapes: 55/60 q.li/HA. Wine: 30 hl/HA.
- BOTTLING: From August the year after harvesting Pressatura: the de-stemmed and pressed grapes are fermented. The contact between the skins and the must lasts for about 20 days. It is drawn off and kept in vats in vats in temperate rooms in order to favor the malolactic fermentation. Alcoholic fermentation: At a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C in order to maintain the typical characteristics of the vine unaltered.
- AGEING: 10 months in a large barrel, according to tradition, and 10-12 months in the bottle.
- AVERAGE ANNUAL PRODUCTION: 3.500 bottles.
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: straw yellow colour with greenish hues, brilliant. Releases complex and structured scents, typical of the variety in its highest form, ranging from the citrussy scent of citron to the aroma of broom and tropical fruit. With a dry and structured taste, it has a fresh aftertaste that perfectly balances the mineral richness and broad range of bouquets.
- ASSESSMENT OF THE PRODUCE: With each glass of this wine, we wish to treat you to the liveliness of the colours and aromas of our land.