Tuffetto – Sparkling white wine
- GRAPE VARIETIES: 60% Grechetto and 40% Trebbiano Toscano.
- VINEYARDS: from associated growers located in selected areas of the Trasimeno basin.
- PLANTING DENSITY: at least 3,500 vines/Ha.
- VINE TRAINING: guyot cane training and spur training.
- SOIL: Clayey sandy sedimentary
- ALTITUDE: 300 m. a.s.l.
- PERIOD OF HARVEST: first ten-day period of September.
- PRODUCTION PER HECTARE: Grapes: 9 tons/ha Wine: 55 hl/ha.
- WINE MAKING: Pressing: light and immediate of the entire grape with separation of the skins. Decanting: static a low temperature. Alcholic fermentation: done at a controlled temperature of less than 18°C in stainless steel vats to keep the aromas intact. Second fermentation in autocalve for at least two months.
- CHARACTERISTICS: Colour: light straw yellow with delicate effervescence. Fragrance: intense and fine, characterised by delicate floral notes and hints of fresh fruit. Flavor: fresh, fairly smooth, with hints of white fruit.
- PAIRINGS: appetizers, white meat and fish. Excellent as an aperitif.