Divina Villa – Gamay
- GRAPE VARIETIES: 100% Trasimeno Gamay.
- VINEYARD: owned by associated producers located on the hills of Castiglione del Lago, Paciano and Panicale.
- YIELD: Grapes: 5500/6000 kg/ha.Wine 35/40 hl/ha
- VINIFICATION: Pressing: the grapes are stripped of the stem, pressed and fermented. the must remains in contact with the skins for approximately 7-10 days. After being separated from the skins, it is kept in vats in temperature- controlled environments for malolactic fermentation. Alcoholic fermentation: at a temperature not higher than 25°C in order to maintain unaltered the typical characteristics of the vine.
- BOTTLING: starting in July following the harvest.
- MATURING: 4-5 months in the bottle.
- AVERAGE ANNUAL PRODUCTION: approx.40,000 bottles.
- CHARACTERISTICS: Color: ruby red with intense purple overtones, limpid. Bouquet: intense and varietal, fresh and complex in its note of fresh forest fruits and in the hint of delicate silice. Flavor: dry, broad and elegant with the notes of cherry, strawberry and plum and sweet spices on the finish.
- PRODUCER’S SUGGESTIONS: Goes with: excellent with white meats with sauces and with small game. Serve: a temperature of 16° C in glasses for young red wine.